Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (DRI) Lexicon - Introduction
The DRI Lexicon has been developed by the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) through the efforts of the following individuals / institutions:
DRI Lexicon Project Expert Panel (in alphabetical order):
- Allan Lavell, Research Coordinator, Latin American Social Science Faculty-FLACSO, The Network for the Social Study of Disaster Prevention in Latin America-LA RED- and the Risk Nexus, Costa Rica.
- Amir Bazaz, Associate Dean - School of Environment and Sustainability; School of Systems and Infrastructure, Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS), India.
- Cassidy Johnson, Professor, The Bartlett Development Planning Unit (DPU), University College London (UCL), London, United Kingdom (UK).
- Chandni Singh, Senior Research Consultant – Practice, Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS), India.
- Deepa Srinivasan, Founder and President of Vision Planning and Consulting (VPC), United States of America (USA).
- John Dora, Director, Climate Sense, UK.
- Ilan Noy, Professor of Economics, Wellington School of Business and Government, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
- Marjorie Greene, (Retired) Special Projects Manager at Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), USA.
- Patrick Lambe, Partner, Straits Knowledge, Singapore.
- Yael Padan, Independent Researcher, UK.
Project Advisory Committee (in alphabetical order):
- Amit Prothi, Director General, Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure, India.
- Belinda Hewitt, Senior Disaster Risk Management Specialist, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management Division, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, Asian Development Bank.
- Deepak Singh, Lead Disaster Risk Management Specialist, The World Bank.
- Dinakar Radhakrishnan, Senior Programme Manager, Cooperation Section, Delegation of the European Union to India and Bhutan, India.
- Helen Ng, Consultant - Resilient Infrastructure and Financing, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction, Switzerland.
- Ila Patnaik, Aditya Birla Group, India.
- Kamal Kishore, Member Secretary, National Disaster Management Authority, Government of India, India.
- Maria Kristine Manalo, Consultant, Asian Development Bank, Philippines.
- Marjorie Greene, (Retired) Special Projects Manager at Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, USA.
- Ravi Sinha, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India.
- Satoru Nishikawa, Professor, Disaster Mitigation Research Center, Nagoya University, Japan.
Global Consultation on DRI Lexicon (in alphabetical order):
- Abhinav Walia, Program Advisor – Disaster Resilience, USAID Support for CDRI, Miyamoto International, India.
- Alexander Ferworn, Professor, Department of Computer Science, Toronto Metropolitan University, Canada.
- Ara Nazinyan, Expert, ARNAP, Armenia.
- Baki OZTURK, Professor of Civil Engineering, Hacettepe University, Turkey.
- Chris Zielinski, Lead Partnerships in Health Information programme, University of Winchester, UK.
- Debbra Johnson, Sole Proprietor, Debbra A.K. Johnson, LLC, USA.
- Dexter Lo, Vice President, Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan, Philippines.
- Ernesto Rodriguez, Adaptation and Resilience Consultant, Carbon Consult Group (CCG Inc.), Canada.
- Jeswynn Yogaratnam, Principal Policy Officer, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, Australia.
- Josef Leitmann, Lead Disaster Risk Management Specialist (Retired), The World Bank, USA.
- Juan Carlos Sanchez, International Consultant, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Mexico.
- Juan-Pablo Sarmiento, Professor, Florida International University, USA.
- Kanaka NageswaraRao Arerapu, Architect, Studeo Architects, India.
- Mangalasseril Mohammad Anees, Lead Researcher, USAID Support for CDRI, Miyamoto International, India.
- Md Faruque Biswas, Knowledge Management Specialist (Climate Change), Local Government Engineering Department (LGED), Bangladesh.
- Mitchell Berge, Public Health Practitioner, USA (private capacity).
- Mohammad Iqbal Zaffar Ansari, Jt. Chief Controller of Explosives, Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation, India.
- Nikhil Raj, MEL Specialist, USAID Support for CDRI, Miyamoto International, India.
- Omar-Dario Cardona, Professor Titular, IDEA, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Columbia.
- Peter Williams, Chair at ARISE-US, USA.
- Rajendra Singh, Senior Digital Development Specialist, The World Bank, USA.
- Rave Aulakh, Project Director, USAID Support for CDRI, Miyamoto International, India.
- Tezeswi Tadepalli, Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology Warangal, India.
- Viktoria Mohos Naray, DRR expert, United Nations Development Programme, Switzerland.
CDRI Secretariat (in alphabetical order):
- Amrutha Balan, Young Professional
- Arighna Mitra, Young Professional
- Geetika Singh, Senior Specialist – Publications
- Mohammad Arifuzzaman (Intern from DPU, UCL from January 2022 to April 2022)
- Mona Chhabra Anand, Director, Research and Knowledge Management (RKM)
- Neha Bhatia, Senior Specialist – Knowledge Management
- Pranjal Chavanke, Young Professional (till January 2022)
- Sarga G.S., Young Professional
- Vallary Gupta, Young Professional (till January 2022)
- Vinshi Raj, Young Professional
- Amarnath Shukla, Senior Specialist – IT
- Pawan Kumar Umrao, Analyst – IT
- Rohit Rawat, Executive Assistant – IT